Monday, December 3, 2012

Entry #4: Costume (dress up)

I was a Pirate!!!

Making a decision on which costume to go with was a tad difficult. My finalist were a cute fairy, pirate, and a witch. I was afraid that I would be freezing in a fairy outfit, and I already had a few accessories that would go perfect with the pirate costume.My forgetful self then remembered that my professor, Mrs. Q, was going to be a witch so I laid that idea to rest. The decision maker was I wanted an excuse to go buy a kid sword and hook and just to be able to have a great time. I visited many retail shops and Halloween stores after Halloween passed to try and get a great deal on the top. Everywhere I went I couldn't find any in stock for a reasonable price. I ended up at Party City and had to get a shirt that was 2 sizes too big but I went home and played with it a little bit to make it presentable. I absolutely fell in love with the pirates mask because it was almost mascaraed, which is one of my favorite themes. I choose to not straighten my hair or wear makeup to create the natural look. The women wore men's clothes anyway because it was said that if a woman was on the ship it created bad luck. Pirates have been around for thousands of years stealing and robbing others at sea sometimes using violence. They were of course around during the Renaissance period doing what they do best and piracy spread throughout the world even to our modern day. I had so much fun dressing up I like being able to act like a kid still and just have a play day with others my own age. I was like a huge play ground for adults and we were all different characters! 

All the students who dressed up looked awesome! I loved the girls outfit with the Renaissance dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment