Monday, December 3, 2012

Entry #5: Participate in a RE-enactment

*Particiaption*

I went two days to the festival and the first time I went I was dressed as a pirate. I tried to speak as pirates would with a raspy type voice. I think I sounded like a man who just got done smoking a pack of cigerattes. It was fun though becasue when I would talk to people I'd be like Aye aye Captin, Ahoy!, Arrr. Towards the end of the day I had googled some slag words and ways to make people laugh. I went up to a woman, trying not to laugh, offered my hand and said "C’mere, me beauty" and danced with her for like 4 seconds. She had fun and I was way too hyper off cotton candy, cokes, and my medication from the morning. But I wanted to do it because usually I keep to myself and dont like to act/perform or anything along those lines. I ended up realizing its a bunch of fun. The next time I went on the last Sunday and I pretended to have an enlish accent which I found out im pretty awesome at it. I kinda cheated though because I have a best friend, Jamilah, from england and she taught me a few things. She laughed at me the entire time because she said I sounded like I was from Northern Europe and it was a tad different from her accent. Jamilah came along with me the second time. Yes, I was drinking the second time I came which made everything hilarious to me because Im a light weight and had a few too many by 4pm. We took full advantage of our states of minds and just let loose and played around. Next year we are planning on going and dressing up in the huge puffy gowns with the corsets and our hair did all up in braids!!! I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment