Monday, December 3, 2012

Entry #7: Behind the Scenes Part 2

All in a Days Work


       I arrived at the festival ready to start the day.I had never been to the Renaissance festival before as I walked in I felt like I was walking into a hidden place. The building were colorful and there were people everywhere from the English, Germans, and Scottish in kilts. Myself and Rosie were paired up with the drunk, John, but that day he was in regular clothes. He was so nice he even bought us breakfest and he told me he used to run the school days back in the day. John has been working at the Renaissance festival for over 10 years. He told me he loved being able to do this every year and he looked forward to next year already. While I was there I saw how much hard work each worker/actor/cast at the Renaissance festival put into their character and making it all come together. They all perfected their accents and outfits; I imagened how difficult it was to work all day all weekend for 8 weeks straight. EXHAUSTING! They workers/actors/cast seemed determined to give their best foot forward and they do it because they love it. They didn't hold anything back and thats what I liked because they didnt half ass the performances. When everything finally comes together it takes alot of people, money, time, practice, and hardwork to get the function going to its full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment