Monday, December 3, 2012

Entry #6: Behind the Scenes Part 1

Judges Assistant!

I loved going to Renaissance Festival and helping out on the school day. I was a judges assistant with my classmate Rosie. We had a bunch of fun watching the students from all over perform group acts. Some were your everyday stories like Little Red Riding Hood and then there were spin offs such as Hamlets Rap. All the students who performed showed courage and tremendous talent. Some completely blew me away and others were entertaining. I was so surprised by the levels of their talent, they were all gifted. I couldn't stop laughing on some of the acts and others I felt like time would never end. It did make a difference to me when groups were unorganized, didn't know their lines, and if I could hear them or not. Some of the groups came with tables, pots, instruments, the whole nine yards which I thought made their performance more intriguing and it caught my attention more. A group that I saw in the beginning of the lineup was interesting because instead of dressing up as people they were animals, they looked like brown aliens,which was weird but then when they began they acted in dance and few words. I thought it was flawless because they were all in tune and I could tell they had been practicing for a long time. One of my favorite acts hands down was the very last act and it was the Children's Group. It was already 3:30 pm when they arrived and I was exhausted already; we had been going since 9:45 am, act after act. I was ready to leave but once they started performing I took it all back. They were even better than the grown students I had seen earlier in the day. It was like they put their everything in their performances and had so much fun doing it. They were all rising stars and they worked hard to compete against one another! I really enjoyed doing this and I would definitely do it again next time I hope its on the music day because I love hearing people sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment